Since I didn't (and don't) own a lathe I couldn't build a resonator. I bought a resonator from FQMS (Cox resonator). I took a long look at building my own but in the end, aside from the lack of a lathe (which could have been solved by using someone's) I elected to purchase one already built. It would be very hard to build one that is better for less than the Cox resonators that FQMS sells.
Binding was accomplished in much the same fashion as the neck, though a bit easier. To glue the binding on I used Weld-on Cement from Stewart-MacDonald. This stuff sets up pretty quick so you have to work relatively fast. After the glue dried I scraped the edge to clean up the glue squeeze out and flush the binding to the resonator.